IMAC provides a pool of talent, resources, equipment, and space for productions on Prince Edward Island.
The Island Media Arts Co-op is the cornerstone of the independent film and video community on PEI. IMAC supports and sustains a variety of initiatives that stimulate artistic expression through the media arts. Whenever we can we provide workshops, production assistance, reduced-rate equipment rentals, dissemination initiatives (festivals, screenings, etc), and community. Our facilities offer equipment for film and video production (cameras, lighting equipment, sound equipment), editing suites for video and film, various other resources, and support staff.
1. To provide a space where artists can hone their skills and exchange ideas.
2. To assist media artists in their independent production efforts.
3. To pursue excellence in film, video and new media projects.
4. To serve as an information centre about festivals, publications, conferences, grants, and all matters concerned with media arts production and distribution.
5. To assist in the dissemination and presentation of works by artist members.
6. To support and encourage artists at all levels by offering workshops, providing mentors, resources, information seminars and outreach programs.
Executive Director – Renee Laprise
I am a practicing artist and filmmaker myself and have been in the film and television industry as creative producer and editor for well over 15 years.
In 2016 IMAC received funding to do a comprehensive strategy and feasibility study. We were given a plan to implement over the next 5 years but an opportunity arose and we accelerated the process. We are excited to announce our move to a production space that will allow for better facilities for our membership and the community at large. We look forward to expanding our services and equipment room to serve you better!
There are a lot of surprises in store in 2017!
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors are involved members of the co-op who are open to hearing ideas and suggestions from the wider membership. Click on the bios and get to know your Board of Directors!
Nils Ling – President – Bio
Laura Florian – Treasurer – Bio
Will Beckett – Secretary – Bio
Craig Harris – Member at Large – Bio
Jessica Doria Brown – Member at Large – Bio
Alisha Corrigan – Member at Large - Bio
Luke Leunes – Member at Large – Bio
Mark Fraser – Member at Large - Bio