IMAC provides a pool of talent, resources, equipment, and space for productions on Prince Edward Island.
The Island Media Arts Co-op is the cornerstone of the independent film and video community on PEI. IMAC supports and sustains a variety of initiatives that stimulate artistic expression through the media arts. Whenever we can we provide workshops, production assistance, reduced-rate equipment rentals, dissemination initiatives (festivals, screenings, etc), and community. Our facilities offer equipment for film and video production (cameras, lighting equipment, sound equipment), editing suites for video and film, various other resources, and support staff.
1. To provide a space where artists can hone their skills and exchange ideas.
2. To assist media artists in their independent production efforts.
3. To pursue excellence in film, video and new media projects.
4. To serve as an information centre about festivals, publications, conferences, grants, and all matters concerned with media arts production and distribution.
5. To assist in the dissemination and presentation of works by artist members.
6. To support and encourage artists at all levels by offering workshops, providing mentors, resources, information seminars and outreach programs.
Executive Director – Renee Laprise
I’ve been the IMAC ED now for 2 years, and what a ride that has been. A lot of restructuring governmentally has lead to a loss of all programming funds, provincially and federally. BUT we’ve done some really amazing things including assisting in getting PEI’s first Telefilm Microbudget Program film produced. We’ve bought some top notch equipment with the generous support of the Canada Council that has been used to create many amazing films. Despite the lack of resources our community has really pulled together to build a vibrant scene here and IMAC now has 75 active members. That number grows every month!
I am a practicing artist and filmmaker myself and have been in the film and television industry as creative producer and editor for a long time. As an IMAC member myself I’m am excited to see the co-op flourishing. It makes me feel like there is something great bubbling up. So, here’s to a vibrant and successful future!
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors are involved members of the co-op who are open to hearing ideas and suggestions from the wider membership. Click on the bios and get to know your Board of Directors!
Nils Ling – President – Bio
Ryan McCarville- Vice President
Will Beckett – Secretary
Rob Power – Treasurer
Patti Larsen – Member at Large – Bio
Brian Sharp – Member at Large – Bio
Laura Florian – Member at Large – Bio